Wednesday, January 30, 2008

American Idol (1/29/08)

Omaha, Nebraska. No matter where you send American Idol there is sure to be a breakout of crazy! I still don't know what makes some people think that they can sing. I happen to know that I can't sing and I would never try out, even though I know I sing better than some of the people who do try out.
So, Paula was late to try-outs. Why did she have to fly in on the morning of the auditions? Couldn't she bring herself to spend the extra night in Omaha? No matter what she had going on she should have been there. American Idol is what has given her a second shot at being in the business. I think she should put American Idol before all other obligations, she owes the show, the producers, contestants and viewers that much. Of course, she did give us one great "touch down!" so I forgive her a little.
Ryan got to sit in on an audition. Maybe he should get to do so more often...like in Paula's absence!
Ugh, I really get sick of the auditions. They show more of the crazies than the good singers (which used to be fun, now I'm just OD'd on insane contestants).
Here's my question for American Idol. If anyone knows the answer, I'd love to hear it. When do they do the little story about some of the AI hopefuls? Some of these people are terrible and don't get through. Do they follow them with the video and get their story before they try out or do the people actually let them film them after they've been turned down? At some point, the producers had to know some of them weren't talented and would be turned away. Do they lead them on until the audition? "Yeah, you're great. Can we film you at work and meet your family before you audition?" Some of the people who've been profiled have left the auditions pi$$ed! I can't imagine that they'd let them come back and film them after being so humiliated.

No comments: