Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Take Home Nanny

I admit it. I'll watch just about anything that offers me some hope of controlling my kids. Put on a show with other peoples children misbehaving, desperate parents crying on the shoulder of proper English nanny and I'll sit there and suck up every word of wisdom that British bitch has to offer!
With that in mind, I was excited to check out The Take Home Nanny on TLC. Maybe she would have something to offer me that the other British nanny hasn't. Some magical words of wisdom that doesn't involve structure, or planning, or charts.
Essentially, I was met with a watered-down version of the Super Nanny. Nanny Emma showed up to the house, "observed" the family then gave the parents a report of what they were doing wrong (without assigning blame which was both weird and a whole lot less entertaining). The next day she enforced rules and structure and even had a routine chart. The problem is, it has all been done before and in a more exciting way. Plus, if you're screwing up as a parent, I think your nanny should be ballsy enough to tell you so!
So, unfortunately, The Take Home Nanny just isn't original enough for me. I'm running back to Jo Frost and her SuperNanny ways.

No comments: